As the situation involving Covid-19 is continuously evolving, we at King East Dental wanted to reach out to our valued patients to apprise them of the most current situation with our office.
Your health and safety remains paramount. With that in mind, and due to the limited access to the supplies that are required to provide treatment safely, we have opted to reduce our hours further so that we may serve our patients’ emergencies with the precautions that have been established by the RCDSO, the governing body of dentistry.
During this difficult time, we have elected to postpone all non-essential and elective treatment for the safety of everyone. We will be contacting scheduled patients to rebook them into early June which is when we anticipate a safe re-opening. Should we be able to open safely before that, we will offer these rescheduled patients an earlier appointment.
Our office will still be available, on limited hours, to attend to your emergencies. Please contact the office to discuss your situation so that we can keep you healthy and pain-free. Leave a detailed message including you name, number and the details of your specific situation. We will be checking the machine daily and returning messages.
If you have an emergency that cannot wait such as facial trauma or uncontrolled bleeding, contact one of the region’s oral surgeons. If you are unable to contact an office, please go directly to the emergency department of your local hospital.
If you are attending an emergency appointment at the office, please be advised that the following policy has been implemented:
1) Please DO NOT COME INTO THE OFFICE if you have ANY of the following:
· Fever, cough and/or breathing difficulties
· A history of international travel within the last 14 days
· Contact with someone who has the above symptoms or has travelled in the last 14 days
2) For our patients who are well and attending appointments:
· We ask that ONLY the person with the actual appointment come into the office. Additionally, we request that you take the time to wash your hands thoroughly per the posted guidelines in the washroom located in the vestibule of the office prior to entering the reception area.
· Parents, guardians, friends and family are requested to wait in their vehicles.
****The exception is when attendance of these persons is required for the aid of the patient****
· Next appointments will be booked prior to patient dismissal. If input or information is required, our receptionists will contact the person waiting in the vehicle by cell phone.
These measures are in-line with Public Health Agency of Canada’s community-based measures of social distancing to reduce close contact and mitigate the spread of Covid-19.
Should you require emergency treatment and our office is closed, please contact our emergency service line at 1-877-757-9361 and state that you are a patient of DR DE MIGLIO. If you state another of our dentists you will not be scheduled to see their dentist on-call. This service is available from 5pm to 11pm on weekdays, 7am-11pm on Saturdays, Sundays and statutory holidays. Outside of these hours, the service will be referred to the emergency department of the local hospital.
We are in the process of contacting all scheduled patients directly. Thank you for your understanding and patience with this process.